With this tour two main things are intended: that you can absorb true History (and the curious tales from it) through the eyes and words of Sintra's foremost independent History researcher, as well as take back with you the memory of lovely images and sensations.
You'll be picked up at Sintra's train station, around 9 a.m. This tour includes tickets to Sintra's monuments, accompanied every step of the way by an Historian, as well as lunch in a traditional place, where you can truly taste Portugal's gastronomy. So you need not to worry about anything at all.
1. Quinta da Regaleira (1h30) - That's our first stop. At Quinta da Regaleira you'll witness the masonic imaginary that has for so long captivated people - additionally, you'll hear the counter facts that show you more than any touristic approach. The Historian accompanying you will take you through the most interesting places in the gardens, such as the famous initiation well.
2. Palácio de Monserrate - From the exterior.
3. Cabo da Roca (40m) - Yes, you will also be taken to the westernmost point of Europe. At Cabo da Roca you will see the Atlantic Ocean and learn how the pirates and corsairs avoided the shore's proximity (and why).
4. Praia da Adraga (2h) - You'll be able to see Praia da Adraga and have lunch near Almoçageme. Your lunch is included in the tour and its main purpose is for you to taste Portugal's traditional gastronomy (instead of fast and touristic food).
5. Convento dos Capuchos (1h) - In this place, where bedrooms look like very small dungeons or graves, Miguel Boim will tell you about some of the habits the friars observed, as well as some of the religious phenomena registered in religious chronicles written over three centuries ago.
6. Chalet da Condessa D'Edla (30m).
7. Parque e Palácio Nacional da Pena (2h) - Upon leaving the Chalet da Condessa we will cross Pena Park, where your Historian will point out to you a few of its most interesting angles. This will help you better understand all the Romantic imaginary on which Pena was built upon in the 19th century.
By the end of the Park we will reach Pena Palace (19th century), and you'll visit its interior and get to know what existed there before (from the 16th century), and before that (from the 8th century, according to folk tradition).
After visiting the palace we'll begin our way back to the train station, hoping this day in Sintra has left an impression in your heart.
8. Sintra Train Station. That's our place of delivery. Although parting from you, we hope you'll can take Sintra and the memories of the day with you in your heart.
⭐ Highlights + Feel comfortable knowing Sintra with the company and sensibility of an Historian + Enjoy all monuments and a traditional lunch without worries regarding tickets or bills + Visit Sintra's monuments and learn why they are as they are and why were they built + Experience entirely different views of the mountains and the Atlantic Ocean + Discover portuguese hospitality, feeling cared for all day
✔ Included + Tickets for all monuments to be visited. + Lunch in a traditional portuguese restaurant.
❌ Not Included - Hotel pickup not included.
⚠ Know Before You Book .Booking needed until 72h prior to the desired date.
.Minimum age: 14.
.No smoking allowed. .Since it is in the mountains you will find ups and downs (in regular terrain) in the route. .This Tour will take place between 09h00 and 18h00. .This Tour will occur under almost all weather conditions (being the exception the ones that may imply any risks for the participants or warnings from the Civil Protection) so please have the proper clothing and footwear.
‼ Know Before You Go .Please be at the meeting point at 08h45. .You will need comfortable footwear (the same you would use to stroll around in a touristic place for a whole afternoon) and clothes that can be suitable for cold but that you can easily remove them if you feel hot. .Each element of your group must have their ID with them. .Make sure everyone in your group has their individual bottle of water.
📍 Meeting Point Main entrance of Sintra Train Station (the last train station) Av. Dr. Miguel Bombarda, 2710 Sintra, Portugal The meeting point will be at the main entrance of Sintra Train Station (the last station of Sintra's line, the one which gives access to Sintra's Village), at Avenida Miguel Bombarda, Sintra, Portugal. The main entrance it's the one in an old building which faces Cynthia cafe. In that entrance you will find Miguel Boim (the bearded face person in the logo) or someone holding your name.
For lovers of:
Culture and a View and Smell the Nature.
Main entrance of Sintra Train Station (the last train station)
Not Allowed Up to the age of 13
Not Allowed Up to the age of 3
Within: 48 hours
PRICES (PER PERSON)
From 360.00 € up to 430.00 €
PAYMENT TO PROVIDER
DETAILED START TIMES (2022)
January - December
DETAILED START TIMES (2023)
No start times defined yet for next year